Skip to content
Mar 1 / rsratte

Man Overboard!

Man overboard!!!  I fell off my wagon.  Not too bad though.  I have a soft spot for orange Mandarin Shift.  It’s like soda but 100% fruit juice in fizzy water.  It doesn’t fit in my rules.  I have to count the fruit juice toward sugar intake.  It has 29grams of sugar.  That’s a lot, add that to 9g for a gluten free bagel and 8g for a bowl of tomato soup and I am starting my day with 1g available.  HMM not sure if I like drinking my sugar allowance.  What can I get with 1g?  NOTHING  Think I will save it for tomorrow.  Or I may have to take a loan on tomorrow, because I’m going out to Chinese food today and I don’t know what the sugar load will be yet.  This is where things start to get tricky.  Eating out kind of leaves you wondering what ‘s really in the food, because you never really know.  That burger might only be 70% meat, what’s the other 30%?  Yuck.  By the way, I have lost 2 pounds, and my weight hasn’t budged since the baby.  On a side note, did you know that one 12 oz can of soda has about 40 grams of sugar and that plastic 20 oz bottle has 65 grams of sugar.  A mini 7.5 oz can has about 25 grams of sugar.  That liquid sugar is an insulin disaster….  Don’t drink your sugar, don’t do it…. save yourself.  At the very least save your children.

Leave a comment